Omnivore™‘s ease of use, capabilities and portability make it a cost effective solution for both investigative and forensic video processing tasks, such as:
- Previewing & Playing any FFmpeg supported video file
- Assess & Interrogate video files with FFprobe
- Review detailed frame/sample metadata
- Quickly Re-wrap and/or convert video files for distribution or further processing
- Extract all frames or only I-frames
- Extract and/or covert audio streams contained in video files
- Resize or correct the display aspect ratio of video files
- Bulk processing of video files
- And the ability to save all related FFmpeg logs with the click of a button.
Drag & Drop Bulk Processing
Often times we are provided with several evidentiary video files that simply need to be converted to a standard format for ease of distribution & review or further forensic processing. As an example, we have three “.264” video files recovered from a Night Owl DCCTV system, however, no player for these files was exported by the DCCTV system or provided by the investigators.
The investigators would like a way to review these files, and have asked that they be converted to a standard video file format for that reason. Here’s how easy it is to do:
Drag & Drop your folder of files on or into the Omnivore_Viewer.exe
- Select the FFmpeg Convert processing options (Multiple tasks can be performed/checked at once)
- Set your output location, then click OK
- Save the related processing log files with a single click.
It’s so easy that you may want to consider getting them an Omnivore™ drive of their own!
Remember though, Omnivore™ was designed so it could be shared among multiple users, such that each user can create their own user profile & save their own screen capture preferences.
Portable, award winning uncompressed screen capture, now with the power of FFmpeg. Contact us today to learn more about how Omnivore™ can save you & your agency both time and money!