This is useful for documenting your settings, as well as quickly reapplying an effect’s settings. This can be done for any Effect/Plug-in settings inside of Avid. Simply follow the steps below:
- Open the Effects Editor.
- Adjust your settings in the Effects Editor the way that you want them to be saved.
- In the top right hand corner of your Effects Editor, you will see a pink plug-in icon like you see below:
Plug-in icon circled in image above
- Drag that icon into your bin OR into a Favorites bin (if you’d like the settings accessible from other projects)
- You will see that icon now resides in your bin and you can rename it to better reflect the settings you saved.
- When you want to reuse the settings, create a new sequence and load a clip into your sequence.
- Go to your bin where you saved your effect and drag and drop the effect down onto your clip in the sequence that you just created. Your settings will automatically be applied.
Depending on the effect/plug-in, you may need to render it. Look for the green or blue dot next to the Effect/Plug-in icon on the timeline. The green dot represents real-time effects that do not need to be rendered, whereas the blue dot represents effects that do need to be rendered for playback in the timeline.
« Back to the Knowledgebase