This is useful for documenting your settings, as well as things like resizing quad views; you can create a upper left, upper right, lower left, lower right group of quad settings and then save those settings into your bin. This can be done for any Effect/Plug-in settings inside of Avid. Simply follow the steps below:
- Open the Effects Editor.
- Adjust your settings in the Effects Editor the way that you want them to be saved.
- In the top right hand corner of your Effects Editor, you will see a pink plug-in icon like you see below:
Plug-in icon circled in image above
- Drag that icon into your bin.
- You will see that icon now resides in your bin and you can rename it to better reflect the settings you saved.
- When you want to reuse the settings, create a new sequence.
- Go to your bin where you saved your settings and drag and drop the settings down onto your sequence that you just created. Your settings will automatically be applied. Depending on the plug-in, you may need to render it. Look for the blue dot next to the Effect/Plug-in icon on the timeline. If it is blue then you need to render it.
« Back to the Knowledgebase