QuickDME™ SQL Express Configuration
QuickDME™ is most frequently configured leveraging an existing SQL Server deployed in your network OR by downloading and installing the free SQL Express. An overview of how to install & configure the free SQL Express:
- Download SQL Express
- Install SQL Express on your host PC, connected to the network you’d like to use QuickDME™ on.
- Do NOT use “Basic” installation; chose “Custom” during installation.
- Set “Authentication Mode” to Mixed-Mode, and assign a DB Administrator password (i.e. DB Admin default user account “sa”).
- NOTE the name of “instance” (default “SQLExpress” is fine, but if you change it note accordingly)
- After installation completes, reboot.
- Download and Install SQL Server Management Studio
- Configure Firewall(s) for SQL and more specifically the process to do so is noted here.
- Port 1433 TCP/IP Outbound & Inbound
- Port 1434 UDP Outbound & Inbound
- Use SQL Server Configuration Manager to Enable TCP/IP
Using an existing SQL Server deployed in your network
- Mixed mode authentication.
- DB/SQL Admin username & password.
- Firewall & Network configuration requirements noted above.
Once you’re SQL Express or existing SQL Instance is configured as noted, install QuickDME™ and launch the Database Setup Tool (via Start > Ocean Systems).
- Select “Create new database”. Follow the prompts and installation guide to complete your QuickDME™ database creation & configuration.
« Back to the Knowledgebase