Avid Media Composer – It’s a Whole New Ball Game!
Avid continues to make strides as the leading non-linear digital video editing solution on the market. Avid Media Composer software allows you to work faster and easier than ever before.
HD, UHD, 4K, 8K and even 16K native support with incredible speed and ease!
Here are a few of the latest features.
- DNxUncompressed codec – New uncompressed codec option; compatible with Custom Canvas projects!
- Custom Canvas – Edit videos in their native demensions
- Play videos at native frame rates regardless of project
- Source Media Browser – View and organize your media before import
- Favorites Bin Option – Favorites bins are available in every new project
- Streamlined menus making finding what you need faster and easier
For a more complete list, click the “What’s new for forensic users”
So where does Avid Media Composer fit in?
With multiple camera views and/or videos from different sources, aligning those videos into a multi-track timeline can be the most thorough and powerful way to interrogate and digest the material, both from an investigative standpoint as well as from a demonstrative point of view.
So with dTective/Media Composer, you have the full set of Media Composer features, a video editing timeline and the dTective plugins for redaction, frame averaging, and presentation.