Avid continues to make strides as the leading non-linear digital video editing solution on the market. Avid Media Composer software allows you to work faster and easier than ever before.
HD, UHD, 4K, 8K and even 16K native support with incredible speed and ease!
Here are a few of the latest features.
DNxUncompressed codec – New uncompressed codec option; compatible with Custom Canvas projects!
Custom Canvas – Edit videos in their native demensions
Play videos at native frame rates regardless of project
Source Media Browser – View and organize your media before import
Favorites Bin Option – Favorites bins are available in every new project
Streamlined menus making finding what you need faster and easier
For a more complete list, click the “What’s new for forensic users”
So where does Avid Media Composer fit in?
With multiple camera views and/or videos from different sources, aligning those videos into a multi-track timeline can be the most thorough and powerful way to interrogate and digest the material, both from an investigative standpoint as well as from a demonstrative point of view.
dTective is a suite of AVX plugins for Avid Media Composer, and some stand alone tools like archive-R.
So with dTective/Media Composer, you have the full set of Media Composer features, a video editing timeline and the dTective plugins for redaction, frame averaging, and presentation.
Media Composer Timeline
What's New for Forensic Users
Media Composer Summary of Features by Version
Avid Media Composer 2018.9 September 2018
• New DNxUncompressed codec! • Support for DNxID device • AMA File Export options updated • Real-Time Streams Limit removed • More updates to the Live Timeline
Avid Media Composer 2018.7 July 2018
• Added 16K project presets • More control over resizing composer window • Live timeline allows you to perform a number of tasks while a sequence plays • Support for Hight Frame Rate Projects (100, 119.88, 120)
Avid Media Composer 2018.5 May 2018
• Ability to change track in create/edit Marker window
Avid Media Composer 2018.4 April 2018
• Media Composer Ultimate Introduced • Timeline Clip Notes can now include thumbnail • Timeline Clip Notes Quick Find • Updated Markers window w/more ability to customize columns
Avid Media Composer 2018.3 March 2018
• Use Shift+Drag to select/deselect tracks in Capture Tool & Digital Cut Tool
Avid Media Composer 2018.2 February 2018
• Setting Font & Size in Find Window
Avid Media Composer 2018.1 January 2018
New mappable Quick Find button
Export separate WAV files per track
Avid Media Composer 8.10 December 2017
AutoSync clips based on audio Waveform Analysis
New 8K project presets
Avid Media Composer 8.9 August 2017
Avid Generic Link Plugin – Natively supports more .MOV & .MP4 files w/o QuickTime libraries
Set Effect Editor to Automatically open when you apply effect
Source Browser – Larger thumbnails, faster display of thumbnails, ability to expand/collapse
Support HiRes Monitors w/scaling up to 200%
New buttons/commands to move clips up/down in timeline
Avid Media Composer 8.8 February 2017
With this release, we have the return of PhaseFind and ScriptSync.