Avid Media Composer – It’s a Whole New Ball Game!
Avid continues to make strides as the leading non-linear digital video editing solution on the market. Avid Media Composer software allows you to work faster and easier than ever before.
Watch our recorded Webinar on “Making the Move to Media Composer 2020.x”
Here are a few of the latest features.
- Custom Canvas – Edit videos in their native dimensions
- Drag and drop video into Avid Media Composer for instant access to viewing and processing
- Play videos at native frame rates including variable frame rate video
- DNx Uncompressed codec – New uncompressed codec option; compatible with Custom Canvas projects!
- Source Media Browser – View and organize your media before import
- Favorites Bin Option – Favorites bins are available in every new project
- Streamlined menus making finding what you need faster and easier
For a more complete list, click the “What’s new for forensic users”
So where does Avid Media Composer fit in?
With multiple camera views and/or videos from different sources, aligning those videos into a multi-track timeline can be the most thorough and powerful way to view and interrogate your material, both from an investigative standpoint as well as from a demonstrative point of view.
So with dTective/Media Composer, you have the full set of Media Composer features, a video editing timeline and the dTective plugins for redaction, frame averaging, and presentation.
What’s New for Forensic Users?
A lot! So much that we tried to summarize the features added to Avid Media Composer by version for our Forensic users, but it needed it’s own KB article! The button below will open that KB article in a new tab, so you can browse the bulleted list.
For complete details on each release, visit the Avid Media Composer 2018 Documentation page and/or the Avid Media Composer Documentation & Version Matrix.