Who Should Attend: This course is recommended for anyone who will be responsible for the recovery of digital video evidence from CCTV systems.
Students will perform evidentiary video recovery from multiple different DVRs using various methods and techniques, to include exporting the native files, copying of the originally recorded files, video capture, network connectivity & acquisition, and exporting. This 2-day course will also provide instruction on Ocean Systems latest solutions for DVR recovery and digital evidence management, to include Omnivore, the Omnivore Field Kit, and Ocean Systems’ QuickDME digital evidence management solution.
- Be familiar with common technical and legal issues related to the acquisition and use of digital video evidence.
- Be able to quickly and accurately assess the various types of digital video recording devices used for CCTV systems
- Learn multiple methods of documenting a digital CCTV system recovery
- Understand the proper application and use of Ocean Systems’ Omnivore and Omnivore Field Kit for DVR recovery
- Have hands-on experience acquiring digital video evidence via multiple methods, techniques, and mediums.
- Understand usage and application of LEVA’s Best Practices for the Acquisition of Digital Multimedia Evidence
The learning environment consists of lectures, real world examples, and hands-on exercises.
Anyone completing this course will be provided a certificate of completion (worth 16 hrs. of Vendor Training) which can be applied towards a LEVA certification.
Class size = 18 students (max)