Tax Exempt Purchases – Maryland Customers
Customers with a shipping address located in Maryland who are exempt from Maryland Sales Tax can simply choose the Tax Exempt option during checkout and enter their Tax Exempt ID.
After completing your transaction, please email a completed copy of your Tax Exempt form to our Sales staff at email@example.com
Verify Exempt Status: For your convenience, you may wish to use the Maryland Comptroller’s online verification.
FEDERAL CUSTOMERS: Please simply enter “Federal” in the Tax Exempt ID field.
Orders will not ship until we receive your Maryland Sales Tax Exemption documentation. If we do not receive the required documentation within 10 business days, the order will be cancelled.
Completed orders for in-stock items usually ship within 48 hours Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm EST. Orders are not completed until Tax Exemption status and payment method have been verified.
We use major carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL for deliveries to the continental US. Overseas and international shipments are determined individually.
We will update your order with the Shipping Carrier’s tracking information as soon as your item is shipped.
The rate charged for the shipping of your order is based on the weight of your products, and your location. Before the final checkout page you will be shown the various shipping options and their cost.
If an item goes on back order we will notify you immediately, and if you’d prefer we will ship you the part of your order that is currently in stock. When the item becomes available we will ship you the rest of your order, and you will not be charged any additional shipping and handling for the second shipment.
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, please call us immediately at (301) 476-8015 so that we can correct the situation for you.
There are a few important things to keep in mind when returning a product you purchased from the Ocean Systems Online Store:
- You have 30 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
- Only items that have been purchased directly from Ocean Systems can be returned to Ocean Systems.
- Please ensure that the item you’re returning is repackaged with all the cords, adapters and documentation that were included when you received it.
There are some items, however, that are ineligible for return, including:
- Opened software*
- Electronic Software Downloads
* You can return software, provided that it has not been installed on any computer. Software that contains a printed software license may not be returned if the seal or sticker on the software media packaging is broken.
Returns are not accepted without a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number.
Any product you return must be in the same condition you received it and in the original packaging. Please keep the receipt.
How To Return An Item
Your item must be in its original unused condition to be returned, unless there is a manufacturer defect. You must return the item within 30 days of your purchase.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a refund and we will assign you an RMA #.
- Mail your returned item to:
Returns Department – RMA #…
4016 Blackburn Lane
Burtonsville, MD 20866
- Include in your package a signed letter stating the reason for your return and the original receipt.
Merchandise that has been altered will not be accepted for return or exchange.
All items are subject to a 10% restocking fee. The restocking fee will be deducted from your refund.
We do not refund the original shipping and handling that you paid for your order.
If you have any questions please give us a call so we can assist you.