The Scientific Working Group on Digital Evidence (SWGDE) recently released several documents for public comment, several related to digital multimedia evidence. A few of the DRAFTs currently open for public comment include:
- 2019-07-16 SWGDE Best Practice for Frame Timing Analysis of Video Stored in ISO Base Media File Formats
- 2019-07-16 SWGDE Best Practices for Digital Evidence Acquisition from Cloud Service Providers
- 2019-07-16 SWGDE Core Technical Concepts for Time-Based Analysis of Digital Video Files
- 2019-09-29 SWGDE Considerations for the Use of Time-Based Analysis of Digital Video for Court
- 2019-09-29 SWGDE Fundamentals of H.264 Coded Video for Examiners
- 2019-09-29 SWGDE Guide for Establishing a QMS for a DME Org Under ISO-IEC 17025 or 17020
We encourage those involved in digital evidence to review and comment on these documents, where appropriate, within the 60 day comment period.
To do so please visit the SWGDE Drafts Released for Comments page. Thank you for your time and consideration!